The President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) recognizes incredible individuals who are committed to a high level of volunteer and service. These individuals work tirelessly to help solve some of the toughest challenges facing their communities, and our nation.
The Shia Muslim Council is proud to be a Certifying Organization for the Presidential Volunteer Service Award. Volunteers will be recognized for service to their local community at bronze, silver and gold level based on annual service. The official President’s Volunteer Service Award includes at medallion, a personalized certificate of achievement and letter signed by President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., and recognition by the Shia Muslim Council.
Eligible Service does not include:
- Donating funds
- Political lobbying (Non-partisan voter registration is an eligible activity)
- Religious instruction including reciting Quran and Dua, leading prayers, or other forms of worship
- Conducting worship service
- Volunteer service performed as part of court-ordered community service
- Serving only family members